As businesses strive to become more efficient and productive, the importance of having skilled HR has become clearer. Every firm needs to make sure they are compliant with laws and standards set by the government. Human resource compliance is one of the critical components every business should have today. It helps organizations stay compliant with the latest regulations concerning the employer-employee relationship.
Effective HR compliance has a major influence on employee hiring, development, and retention. While there have been numerous changes in the HR department, being compliant has its advantages.
Here are some of the benefits of HR compliance
- Helps in the recruitment process: HR compliance helps a business conduct fair interviews for HR recruits. It outlines the interview procedures and every other detail needed during the recruitment process. The job description should also be clearly outlined.
- Equal opportunity compliance: When an organization hires or terminates an employee, they should ensure they are compliant with state laws. Employment decisions such as hiring, promotions, firing appraisal should be made with the employee in mind. All employees are entitled to equal opportunities.
- Proper employee compensation: Employees have the right to be compensated for the time worked. This may include time spent working from the office, at home including overtime. HR compliance helps a business to understand the minimum wage requirements. Bonuses and other incentives should not be excluded. Avoid any shortcuts when it comes to paying employee wages including overtime and averaging worked hours.
- Proper management of leaves: Employees are entitled to leaves. HR compliance helps you understand all the leave categories that have been approved by the government. It’s important to clearly state all the leaves that employees are entitled to, educate them on the importance of those leaves, and how to get them.
- Helps in Auditing: It is easy to drift from the HR policies due to the ever-growing pressure to deliver in your business. It is important to conduct a comprehensive HR audit to ensure that the business observes all the laws and regulations governing the employment relationship.
- Disciplinary Procedures: Poor performance is among the most difficult practices to handle in any company. It is not easy to retain an employee who is not performing and when times come to take action, the right procedure must be followed. HR compliance helps outline the actual disciplinary process. This helps to support and protect the business against claims of false dismissal.
Why HR compliance is Important?
HR compliance is important to every business today. Business owners should be aware of the laws and regulations governing the employment relationship to ensure that the company does not face any challenges.
Are you looking for a simple employee management solution? WorkPay Africa is your answer.
Book a DEMO and see how our employee management works!