Today, the HR department is no longer about back-office tasks including managing employee reviews and conducting regular performance reviews. Thanks to cloud-based HR software, the HR function has completely transformed into a technology-driven department that takes advantage of cloud-based HR software for hiring, on-boarding, performance management, leave management, and expense management.
If your business doesn’t have a cloud-based HR software in place, you’re missing out. Here are the key benefits businesses stand to gain from using a cloud-based HR software:
- Cost-effectiveness: The cost is one of the major aspects that business considers when selecting an appropriate HR software. The transition to the cloud reduces the cost of installation, system upgrades, maintenance costs, and license fees. Additionally, cloud software is a pay-as-you-go service meaning that it supports an affordable subscription model.
- Easy accessibility: A cloud-based HR system allows easy access through a laptop anywhere as long as there is an internet connection. All information is stored in a centralized server and the data is available at any time. Most of the cloud software features an employee self-service portal, where employees can log in to view their information. This makes it easy for employees to track their attendance, leaves, and payment history which further helps to streamline HR functions.
- Access to new features: With a web-based HR system, your subscription includes access to the newest updates as soon as they are available. Software that adds new features and runs updates regularly saves your company time when it comes to implementing new systems.
- Efficient reporting: Reporting is one of the features found in cloud-based software. It means that the software can run customized reports such as payroll, audit log, and time and attendance reports. These reports are downloadable in different formats including Excel and PDF.
- Easy compliance Management: The software features a user-friendly interface where you can list all the HR guidelines. Also, the software allows you to classify employees based on the type of employment and ensures all labour laws are effected. The software is up to date with compliance changes that the government has put in place.
- Rights to user access: Cloud-based HR software provide flexibility and control of users. They have the user setting feature, to ensure only the authorized people have access to company and employee data.
The fact of the matter is that every company needs a cloud-based HR software. They offer numerous benefits that include no hidden cost by the vendor, improved on-boarding process, improved communication, and have a positive impact on return on investment.
Are you looking for a suitable software for your business? WorkPay Africa is your answer.
Register with WorkPay and transform the operations of your organization’s HR department.