HRM and Payroll Software
7 Tips to Make Payroll Processing Efficient in Kenya
Payroll processing is a vital element for every business operation today. It is often complex and can turn into a nightmare if not done correctly. Today, businesses are looking for new ways to make this process more efficient and accurate.
When it comes to processing payroll, businesses should invest in payroll software to reduce the time spent by human resource managers preparing payroll. Look for software that meets your business requirements.
Tips to make payroll processing efficient
- Look for advanced payroll software: To run payroll, businesses should go for a software that is up to date with tax laws to make the process of remitting the statutory easier.
- Having employee details: This information includes employee full name, national ID, occupation and basic salary. Input and store this information in the payroll software of your choice.
- Check employee records: This is done to verify the number of active employees and those who are inactive. This is to avoid instances of paying ghost employees who are not part of the company.
- Take note of the payroll data: The payroll data includes all the allowances that add up to gross pay including deductions of the employee. The deductions include the statutory remitted by the employer. It’s also important to review the hours worked by an employee which helps to determine how much they should be paid. All this combined gives a net pay.
- Choose a payroll schedule: There are different schedules a business can choose for running their payrolls including daily, weekly, semi-weekly, and monthly. Once you have chosen a schedule, set paydays on your calendar when employees will be receiving their salaries. Also, establish the tax payment date to make on-time payments avoid delayed payments.
- Indicate the payment method: It’s the wish of every employer for employees to receive their payments on time after processing the payroll. There are different payment methods which include cash, mobile, and bank transfer. This method should be indicated to avoid sending money to the wrong people.
To sum up, Payroll processing is crucial for every business today. Organizations should look for automated payroll software to make the process easy and save time when processing payment.
Explore our HR and Payroll solution and get a 14-day FREE UNLIMITED ACCESS.
Great insights, Delivered weekly
Subscription implies consent to our Privacy
Everything You Need to Know About NHIF Cover Limits
The majority of Kenyans cannot access quality health care services due to financial instability. The National Hospital Insurance Fund(NHIF) is the body governed by providing health insurance in Kenya. Also, it has a directive to enable all Kenyans to access quality and affordable health care services. Therefore, NHIF came up with NHIF Cover limits to […]